Second Blog Post (woohoo!)

Friday, March 1, 2013

Now, I'm getting into the more complicated aspects of making the website. I've read books on HTML, XHTML, and CSS, (HTML, XHTML and CSS for Dummies) and I'm also reading a book on Wordpress now. I've already taken what I've learned and made a simple .html file using a text editor on my computer. What is interesting about HTML is that, like any programming language, it will run in its environment- and in this case, that would be the web browser. The .html file runs through Chrome even though it's not actually hosted online, which is interesting to me. The browser interprets all of my code and translates that into something that we can read and understand, just as with any other webpage. The book has taught me a few simple things that are true about every programming language: You need to be organized, you need to know what your code actually does, and, if you ever want to become good, you need to program a lot. The only way that I'll be able to accomplish my goal efficiently is if I know what each function does, and the only way I'll become that knowledgable about the syntax is if I program a lot. The book has also taught me some new things about HTML that I hadn't known before, like the idea that you don't really need to close brackets or tags. In any other programming language, the program wouldn't work if sections weren't separated and individually closed off. The other thing that I hadn't known about HTML was exactly how much it is capable of. Every single website uses HTML, and although more complicated ones do use languages like JavaScript or ASP, the framework is all in the HTML code.

What I'm going to focus on now is actually uploading my code to a website that is hosted so that I can post a link for everyone to see my progress. I the website to show exactly what I'm doing, when I'm doing it. As an example, if I add a header to the website, it will have a title and then say, "This is a header!" and explain how I put it there with code. I've also changed the theme of the blog.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to showing you what I've accomplished! :)
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment